While we’re huge fans of Kate Middleton’s ever-present Olympic uniform (Smythe blazer, Team GB polo shirt, Zara skinnies and Stuart Weitzman wedges), the ladylike white-on-white look she donned for Great Britain’s women’s hockey team bronze medal win today was decidedly refreshing.
We’re used to seeing Kate in relatively demure necklines, so the unbuttoned, plunging neckline of her Team GB sleeveless top definitely takes the cake as the most risqué piece we’ve seen her sporting over the course of her many Olympic appearances. She paired the top with a chic, streamlined skirt and leather belt, finishing the whole look off with her signature Stuart Weitzman wedges (it wouldn’t be Kate if there wasn’t a bit of recycling, after all) and Gucci sunnies.
Kate’s sartorial run throughout the Games has been true to her no-fuss, classy style (which we love) but now that we’re hitting the paramount point of the Games (the closing ceremony with the Spice Girls performing, duh) we have our fingers crossed that the Duchess will take it to the next level, teal-Jenny-Packham-style! Stay tuned.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- How to photograph well: Makeup tips to ensure you look as spectacular in pictures as you do in-person
- Marion Cotillard vs. Rosie Huntington-Whiteley: Who wore the little white dress best at Cannes?
- Wedding day beauty: Whether you’re the bride or a guest, 10 tips for romantic makeup and hair
- Discounts for all! Kate Spade, J.Crew, Hudson’s Bay and more will open at Toronto Premium Outlets
- Behind the scenes at Tanya Taylor’s wedding: From her haute couture wedding gown to the tropical paradise venue