Boss Style: Watch this exclusive video in which some style stars wax poetic about Bruce Springsteen’s effect on fashion
Since Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band will be gracing our fair city this Friday at the Rogers Centre, the release of Sony Music’s video honouring The Boss’s bare-bones style could not come at a better time. Featuring the likes of George Stroumboulopoulos and FASHION contributor Sarah Nicole Prickett and created by Laura Lanktree, the video has some of Canada’s best and brightest sharing the ways in which Springsteen has either influenced themselves or impacted bad boy fashion.
Springsteen’s timeless uniform was (and is) as much a part of his identity as his music. Eschewing trends as they came and went, The Boss’s dedication to tried-and-true blue-collar classics like a threadbare white T, distressed pair of jeans and a worn leather jacket showed he was a music-first kind of guy, someone who was firmly planted in his sense of self and had no desire of blindly following trends for the sake of looking “fashionable.” Watch the video for yourself and if you’re in Toronto, stop by Ticketmaster and catch The Boss live!
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- How to photograph well: Makeup tips to ensure you look as spectacular in pictures as you do in-person
- Marion Cotillard vs. Rosie Huntington-Whiteley: Who wore the little white dress best at Cannes?
- Wedding day beauty: Whether you’re the bride or a guest, 10 tips for romantic makeup and hair
- Discounts for all! Kate Spade, J.Crew, Hudson’s Bay and more will open at Toronto Premium Outlets
- Behind the scenes at Tanya Taylor’s wedding: From her haute couture wedding gown to the tropical paradise venue