Today’s retro photo unearthing is worthy of many OMGs! Thanks to Retronaut (our new favourite site, FYI) and photographer Geoff Marchant, we’ve been treated to a look at what Victoria Beckham looked like before she was a Spice Girl/wife of a soccer babe/successful designer/mother of many/super human, and let’s just say they are a trip. Back in 1992—just four years before The Spice Girls released their epic first single “Wannabe”—Victoria Beckham was just Victoria Adams, looking to have some glamour shots taken for her dance and modelling portfolio. Likely inspired by many popular styles of the day, Posh Spice, then 17 indulges in some endearing yet cringe-worthy poses varying from The Flashdance Chair-Crawl, to The Casual Side Boob Flash, to The Glamazon Glove Glance. While there’s so much that has changed about Posh from then to now (you’ll forgive us for not enumerating the speculates), we love this peek at her early years—especially at that amazingly crimped hair.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Kate Middleton (and royal baby bump) shine in yellow Emilia Wickstead at the Queen’s garden party
- What to wear to a wedding: 5 street style-inspired outfits and tips for every summer occasion
- J.Crew Vancouver: Go inside the Pacific Centre’s new women’s-only location
- Jessica Chastain vs. Milla Jovovich: Who wore it best on the Cleopatra red carpet at Cannes?
- Joe Fresh Fall 2013 look book: 38 items that are just as stylish as they are covetable