Kate Middleton wears all black all weekend long and recycles her DVF coat at Sunday’s Remembrance Day ceremony
While part of Kate Middleton’s job as the Duchess of Cambridge is to always be appropriately dressed for any occasion, royal or otherwise, this sometimes means choosing an outfit that will keep the spotlight off of her. Sunday’s Remembrance Day ceremony is a prime example of this, with Kate choosing to wear the same Diane von Furstenberg coat she wore last year. The accessories, however, were different this time around: Kate Middleton wore black wide-brimmed hat by Philip Treacy (much larger than last year’s Jane Corbett hat) and a jewelled poppy brooch from the Royal British Legion. (Considering how many loosely-secured poppy pins us Canadians lose during Remembrance Day season, a brooch seems like a smart choice—something to consider purchasing for next year!) Kate was also wearing pearl earrings by Annoushka and black gloves from Black.co.uk which had a small bow on the side of each wrist—an elegant detail that was easily hidden by the large cuffs of Kate’s coat.
Kate Middleton was also in all-black on Saturday, when she was spotted shopping at Harvey Nichols in London. The black coat—which she seems to only wear on non-official occasions—is one of the Duchess’ unidentified items. (Perhaps it’s another of her own creations?) Kate’s shoes, by Kurt Geiger, are also a pair we haven’t seen her wear out at royal events. But what we’re really enamoured with the ponytail: Featuring a middle part, it’s perfectly bouncy and swept back with just the right amount of volume at the crown. Will there ever be a day when we don’t covet Kate Middleton’s hair? Probably not…
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- How to photograph well: Makeup tips to ensure you look as spectacular in pictures as you do in-person
- Marion Cotillard vs. Rosie Huntington-Whiteley: Who wore the little white dress best at Cannes?
- Wedding day beauty: Whether you’re the bride or a guest, 10 tips for romantic makeup and hair
- Discounts for all! Kate Spade, J.Crew, Hudson’s Bay and more will open at Toronto Premium Outlets
- Behind the scenes at Tanya Taylor’s wedding: From her haute couture wedding gown to the tropical paradise venue