Holiday Windows 2012: View the top displays from Toronto, New York, London and Paris and vote for your favourite!
In theory, winter-time window-shopping might be unappealing—cold temperatures, snow banks and people running towards warm spaces adds up to a treacherous adventure. But, when combined with lavish holiday displays, suddenly window-shopping feels less like a chore and more like a Christmas treat.
Last year, our window poll caused a voting frenzy so we’re doing it again and taking a virtual stroll through New York, London, Paris and Toronto to see which of the department stores comes out on top in 2012.
Barneys New York teamed up with Disney to create a short video about Minnie Mouse’s adventures in the fashion industry. From being dressed by Alber Elbaz to walking alongside Goofy in Balmain, she lived the fashion dream. Paris’s Printemps also collaborated with Dior for a whimsical display that features dolls wearing the company’s designs. Retailers like Bergdorf Goodman and Henri Bendel were inspired by the Great Gatsby and brought back the roaring twenties to their storefronts with embellishments and glamour.
Canadian favourites Holt Renfrew and the Bay, went in opposite directions for this holiday season. Holt Renfrew showed us what a high fashion snow day would look like featuring oversized polar bears and hot coco sippin’ mannequins. And the Bay brought back its traditional motorized Christmas displays with little elves wearing heritage coats.
Which window would you stand outside of and gawk at? Vote in our poll May the best display prevail!
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- How to dress for a wedding: 13 Style Panel Tips for being the best dressed guest this summer
- Cannes 2013 red carpet beauty: The scoop on Aishwarya Rai’s hair, Marion Cotillard’s mascara and more
- Beauty Fix: Say goodbye to stretch marks, the best bronzer for darker skin tones and more answers to your beauty questions
- Cannes 2013: Jennifer Lawrence, Emma Waston, Nicole Kidman and more top our best Cannes red carpet looks
- Bouffant hair tutorial: How to add some Lana Del Rey-approved volume to your look