After months and months of speculation, St. James Palace has finally confirmed what we’d been hoping: The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are expecting a baby! Rejoice! Clink those morning coffees! A Royal baby will be coming to a Palace not near you in T-minus 6 months!
Despite the fact that Kate was admitted to the private King Edward VII Hospital in Central London with hyperemesis gravidarum (translation: acute morning sickness), St James’s Palace said in a statement: “The Queen, The Duke of Edinburgh, The Prince of Wales, The Duchess of Cornwall, and Prince Harry and members of both families are delighted with the news.” So are we. So are we!
Possibly the most interesting news of it all? This baby will succeed to the throne regardless of its sex, a reformation passed just a few months ago by British parliament.
We hope that the Duchess is feeling better soon because we have a whole six months of maternity wardrobe watching to prepare for. Muumuus! Caftans! Overalls! We kid. We have all seen how flawless a dresser Kate Middleton is and we cannot assume her pregnancy will be any different. As such, we’ve put together a few selections for the Duchess to wear. Of course we have.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Wedding day beauty: Whether you’re the bride or a guest, 9 tips for romantic makeup and hair
- Discounts for all! Kate Spade, J.Crew, Hudson’s Bay and more will open at Toronto Premium Outlets
- Behind the scenes at Tanya Taylor’s wedding: From her haute couture wedding gown to the tropical paradise venue
- What to wear on holiday: 41 shopping must-haves for the summer’s most stylish events
- Kate Middleton (and royal baby bump) shine in yellow Emilia Wickstead at the Queen’s garden party