Four brains (and closets) are better than one. Or at least, that’s what the new site, The Style Common, shows us. Started by four Vancouver-based fashion bloggers (three from our very own Style Panel, no less), The Style Common is a collective that pairs online skills with companies looking to partner with bloggers.
Started by Alicia Quan of Alicia Fashionista, Alexandra Grant, Jen Tam of Her Waise Choice and Jennifer Pistor, The Style Common is tapping into a market that has been steadily building. Bloggers have started to work closely alongside companies with events like Tavi Gevinson touring with Urban Outfitters all summer or Leandra Medine of Man Repeller collaborating with lines like Dannijo. Bloggers have the ability to get the word out about brands, products or whatever through their personal voices and knowledge of what works for their readers.
Each girl brings a very different skill to the table. Alexandra Grant of To Vogue Or Bust specializes in communications and social media where as Jennifer Pistor of Prairie Girl in the City excels at styling and merchandising. Four very specific and trained skill sets come together to create a mini-fashion army—ready to Tweet, Instagram or post at the drop of a hat.
The Style Common is celebrating its new site by hosting a huge holiday shopping event on Sunday in Vancouver at the Four Seasons Hotel. “Deck Your Closet” is an afternoon of shopping and treats that with have clothing from the members of The Style Common’s closets up for sale and a chance to get to know the girls behind the computer. Tickets are still available here.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Wedding day beauty: Whether you’re the bride or a guest, 9 tips for romantic makeup and hair
- Discounts for all! Kate Spade, J.Crew, Hudson’s Bay and more will open at Toronto Premium Outlets
- Behind the scenes at Tanya Taylor’s wedding: From her haute couture wedding gown to the tropical paradise venue
- What to wear on holiday: 41 shopping must-haves for the summer’s most stylish events
- Kate Middleton (and royal baby bump) shine in yellow Emilia Wickstead at the Queen’s garden party