Christmas time is family time at its best—a sentiment that was especially embraced by the Duchess of Cambridge, who opted to spend her last Christmas before motherhood with her own family at their home in Berkshire alongside Prince William, rather than with the rest of the Royal Family who gathered at Sandringham with Queen Elizabeth.
For the Middleton family’s visit to St. Marks church (caroling was involved!), Kate opted to wear some old favourites, including the brown wool Celeste coat by Hobbs she previously wore while on visit to Liverpool last February, her matching brown suede Aquatalia boots and her green amethyst Kiki McDonough earrings. Her hair was pulled back into a simple low bob, which while uncharacteristic for the Duchess, must have been her wanting to be comfortable.
The Duchess amped up the festive spirit with the red Hugo Boss pashmina she wore last summer while on visit to Prince Edward Island and a red Gucci clutch she’s been carrying of late. Red seemed the accent colour of choice for the Middleton family, with Carole and Pippa opting to accessorize in the same shade.
While the rest of the day was a private affair for the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and the Middleton family, we can only hope for clues inside Pippa Middleton’s entertainment book, Celebrate.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- What’s in your bag, Beckerman sisters?
- Sneak a peek at the Joe Fresh makeup collection for Fall 2013: 34 beauty products that won’t break your budget
- Alexander McQueen is returning to the beauty world with a new fragrance collection
- Luminato 2013: Marina Abramović, Willem Dafoe, Rufus Wainwright and a giant claw arcade game at opening night
- Dominico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana found guilty of tax evasion