Lana Del Rey wore an oversized white suit to a Golden Globes afterparty and we’re just not sure how we feel about it
Lana Del Rey is nothing if not a performance artist. Through various states of undress, we’ve seen her play everything from Lolita to a rough riding runaway. If Sunday night’s outfit is any indication, it looks like a Bianca Jagger/Jerry Hall mix might be next on the horizon. At the InStyle Warner Brothers Golden Globes after party this weekend, Del Rey showed up wearing an oversized white suit by Houghton and a gold metal and Swarovski minaudiere from Ferragamo’s Red Carpet collection. Her signature bouffant was toned down to a much sleeker style, and her nails were normal size for the first time in a long while.
The Working Girl look is so uncharacteristic of Del Rey that it must have caused a fair amount of double takes. Make that triple for us. Could the look be the start of something new for Lana Del Rey? While we’re digging the streamlined approach, we’re just not sure we can give up our attachment to her so wrong/so right butt-skimming jean shorts and creepily long nails. We might need to cling to that depraved freak flag for a few years yet.
What do you think? Send help, aka. vote in our poll.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Dannijo launches a stunning six-piece collection to celebrate its 5th anniversary
- Best beauty apps: From cataloguing your nail polish to keeping you safe in the sun, 5 to download now
- Max Mara names a coat after Kate Middleton
- How to wear overalls: 5 Style Panel tips for taking this nineties staple from farmer to high-fashion
- Tom Ford’s Fall 2013 Ad Campaign is out and it is fierce