Beyoncé blessed the world with her heavenly powers at last night’s Super Bowl halftime show. In less than 30 minutes, she managed to:
1. Silence the lip-sync critics by belting out several of her hits sans back-up track
2. Bust out more hip swivels than we can count
3. Pull off the ultimate surprise with the addition of Kelly Rowland and Michelle Williams for a Destiny’s Child reunion despite the rumour-squashing news of late
4. Make our friends cry
5. Steal the show/break the lights
6. Make us feel the love between her and Jay-Z so much by running into his arms post-show
Perhaps most importantly for us, Beyoncé pulled a Michelle Obama by introducing the world to a lesser known New York-based designer Rubin Singer, who designed her leather and lace jumpsuit along with the costumes of Rowland, Williams and all 120 backup dancers during halftime at the Super Bowl. She had been rumoured to be wearing Givenchy, like Madonna did last year.
“This is a moment. Everyone’s expecting Beyoncé to go with a major designer,” Singer told the New York Times. “We had to make the body suit have a tremendous range of motion and flexibility. Beyoncé is such a fierce and intense performer we could not have the outfit constrict her in any way.” The bodysuit, which was made of python and iguana skin was handmade. Quite the feat, we must say.
Oh and those booties? Proenza Schouler, no big deal. This photo says it all.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- How to dress for a wedding: 13 Style Panel Tips for being the best dressed guest this summer
- Cannes 2013 red carpet beauty: The scoop on Aishwarya Rai’s hair, Marion Cotillard’s mascara and more
- Beauty Fix: Say goodbye to stretch marks, the best bronzer for darker skin tones and more answers to your beauty questions
- Cannes 2013: Jennifer Lawrence, Emma Watson, Nicole Kidman and more top our best Cannes red carpet looks
- Bouffant hair tutorial: How to add some Lana Del Rey-approved volume to your look