With the Oscars just a few days away, the Brit Awards 2013 mark the last few red carpet moments before Sunday’s grand finale. The excitement is building to a fever pitch, to say the least. The annual music awards show included some of the world’s most famous musical artists. While we won’t be seeing them at the Oscars, they certainly used this moment to shine.
With a more relaxed dress code, many of the attendees experimented with new styles slightly outside of their comfort zone. Taylor Swift arrived in a sophisticated sleek black dress by Elie Saab with a double slit—a more mature look for the singer. Lana Del Rey also wore black, but with a casual vibe that is perhaps not as glamourous as usual. She opted for a simple Chanel shirtdress. Alexa Chung also defied convention, wearing a white Valentino jumpsuit with a pair of simple black stilettos. But leave it to Rita Ora to up the glamour of the Brits. She certainly didn’t play it safe in an Ulyana Sergeenko blush pink couture gown.
Who’s your pick for best dressed on the red carpet?
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Eva Longoria vs. Rooney Mara: Who wore it best on day 3 of the Cannes Film Festival?
- Topshop has launched a music festival style collection with Kate Bosworth: See all 21 Topshop Festival items now
- Rooney Mara is the face of Calvin Klein’s newest fragrance, Downtown Calvin Klein
- Lana Del Rey’s full FASHION Magazine Cover Shoot
- Summer 2013: Table of contents