With just three days left until the MuchMusic Video Awards, the Canadian music network dropped a bombshell today: fan favourite Selena Gomez—who was the MMVA host last year—will be returning to this year’s awards show as a presenter.
Of course, considering that her boyfriend Justin Bieber is the headlining performer, it makes sense that Gomez came along for the trip to his home province. (And our fingers are crossed for some on-camera PDAs to make up for last year’s almost-kiss awkwardness.) Gomez, who’s passing on her hosting duties to party rockers LMFAO on Sunday, will be joining a star-packed roster of presenters including Kelly Osbourne, Lights, Dragonette and more.
Aside from the Bieber fever, other big-ticket performers include Canadian singers Carly Rae Jepsen and Nelly Furtado, plus Katy Perry, Kelly Clarkson and Flo Rida. The action kicks off at 8 p.m. this Sunday with the MMVA Red Carpet Special, followed by a live broadcast of the show at 9 p.m.—and, as usual fans are encouraged to join the party by crowding onto Toronto’s streets at Queen and John.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Dannijo launches a stunning six-piece collection to celebrate its 5th anniversary
- Best beauty apps: From cataloguing your nail polish to keeping you safe in the sun, 5 to download now
- Max Mara names a coat after Kate Middleton
- How to wear overalls: 5 Style Panel tips for taking this nineties staple from farmer to high-fashion
- Tom Ford’s Fall 2013 Ad Campaign is out and it is fierce