Rooftop parties really work better when it isn’t freezing, but the folks at Absolut, despite being able to project art installations onto neighbouring office towers, just can’t predict the weather. The young and hip gathered on the rooftop of a downtown parkade last night for the vodka brand’s TIFF fete. The art projections, by the way, were part of Canadian visual artists Kellen Hatanaka and Beside Herself‘s task to transform a plain ole rooftop into a full-fledged art party.
But enough about the art and more about the boldface! Canadian TV personalities–Matt Babel, Sarah Taylor, Liz Trinnear–were there as was actor Callum Keith Rennie, Craig McKinnon of The Bachelor Pad, designer Jessica Biffi and Natalie Brown (Sophie) were there, the latter wearing a borrowed gentleman’s blazer, presumably in defense of the rooftop unfriendly weather.
A great event–seriously, there were golf carts to transport guests to the rooftop at hellish speeds, we were sold immediately–but celeb-wise it was nothing to tweet home about. We hear the real celeb spot was vodka rival Grey Goose’s birthday bash for Colin Firth at the Soho Metropolitan. Oh, what we’d give to have an encounter with Mr. Darcy on one of those carts.
Read all of our TIFF party coverage»
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- What to wear on holiday: 41 shopping must-haves for the summer’s most stylish events
- Kate Middleton (and royal baby bump) shine in yellow Emilia Wickstead at the Queen’s garden party
- What to wear to a wedding: 5 street style-inspired outfits and tips for every summer occasion
- J.Crew Vancouver: Go inside the Pacific Centre’s new women’s-only location
- Jessica Chastain vs. Milla Jovovich: Who wore it best on the Cleopatra red carpet at Cannes?