The glam factor was out in full force at last night’s 83rd Academy Awards. If a little restrained, the Hollywood A-list came out swinging in frothy Marchesa (Halle Berry and Hailee Steinfeld), sultry body-hugging red (Jennifer Lawrence in Calvin Klein Collection and Scarlett Johansson in Dolce & Gabbana) and archival poofed hems (Maria Tomei in vintage Charles James and Anne Hathaway in vintage Valentino… but more on her later!)
Our top picks? Cate Blanchett’s Givenchy Couture⎯”a real fashion dress unlike anything else on the red carpet,” says EIC Bernadette Morra⎯and Gwenyth Paltrow’s ultra-modern metallic shimmery Calvin Klein Collection column dress paired with Louis Vuitton jewels. Who was your favourite on the carpet?
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Dannijo launches a stunning six-piece collection to celebrate its 5th anniversary
- Best beauty apps: From cataloguing your nail polish to keeping you safe in the sun, 5 to download now
- Max Mara names a coat after Kate Middleton
- How to wear overalls: 5 Style Panel tips for taking this nineties staple from farmer to high-fashion
- Tom Ford’s Fall 2013 Ad Campaign is out and it is fierce