From the Spring and Fall ’12 runways to the red carpet at the Academy Awards, it seems pretty clear: the peplum is in the building! Spotted tonight on both Tina Fey, in a regal looking custom-made Carolina Herrera gown, and Michelle Williams, in a tiered coral Louis Vuitton, this trend is certainly having a moment. While adding a bit of extra volume at the waist might seem a little tricky, both actresses are showcasing the look on two very different body types. So, what do you think? Will you be trying the peplum this year?
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Kate Middleton (and royal baby bump) shine in yellow Emilia Wickstead at the Queen’s garden party
- What to wear to a wedding: 5 street style-inspired outfits and tips for every summer occasion
- J.Crew Vancouver: Go inside the Pacific Centre’s new women’s-only location
- Jessica Chastain vs. Milla Jovovich: Who wore it best on the Cleopatra red carpet at Cannes?
- Joe Fresh Fall 2013 look book: 38 items that are just as stylish as they are covetable