Things that make you go huh?: Shailene Woodley bombs the red carpet, only to kill it at the after party
With so many highly paid perfectionists working together to create seamless red carpet moments for Hollywood’s A-listers, it never ceases to amaze us when a starlet goes so wrong that there was never any way it was right. Especially when said starlet is stunning, has legs for days, and is the breakout star of an Oscar-nominated film (co-starring George Clooney, no less). Such was the sad case of Shailene Woodley and her dowdy Valentino Couture at last night’s Oscars. The dress itself? Beautiful. On a 22-year-old? Hells no. With the hem and sleeves competing for length, and the strategically placed bust detailing, this dress look like it was trying to cover Woodley up, when it really should have been showing her off. We just don’t get it!
Cue to the Vanity Fair after party, just a short few hours later, and the actress shows up as gloriously fresh, in a floral Proenza Schouler mini. So what went wrong? Who screwed up? Are we being too hard on this look? So many unanswerable questions!
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- What’s in your bag, Beckerman sisters?
- Sneak a peek at the Joe Fresh makeup collection for Fall 2013: 34 beauty products that won’t break your budget
- Alexander McQueen is returning to the beauty world with a new fragrance collection
- Luminato 2013: Marina Abramović, Willem Dafoe, Rufus Wainwright and a giant claw arcade game at opening night
- Dominico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana found guilty of tax evasion