Is Carly Rae Jepsen the new Taylor Swift? We pit the pop princesses against each other on the red carpet!
Sunday night saw two pop-princesses’ red carpet looks pitted against each other: country darling Taylor Swift at the Academy of Country Music Awards in Las Vegas and up-and-comer Carly Rae Jepsen at the Junos in Ottawa. Jepsen’s hit “Call Me Maybe” (it’s literally been stuck in our head for weeks) has poised her as the newest artist to invade Taylor Swift’s sugary-sweet pop territory. And while we can’t declare a winner in the recording studio, we do have some thoughts on their dresses of choice.
Swift dazzled in a white J.Mendel Fall 2012 column gown with gold paneling. The simple dress was a nice change from the singer’s usual sequined looks.
A few degrees north, Jepsen posed in a cute one-shouldered midnight blue BCBG Max Azria dress. The A-line silhouette featured a pleated skirt and a fitted bodice—both definite red carpet wins.
Whose look prevailed? Was the pop singer torch passed from one songstress to another? You tell us!
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Kate Middleton (and royal baby bump) shine in yellow Emilia Wickstead at the Queen’s garden party
- What to wear to a wedding: 5 street style-inspired outfits and tips for every summer occasion
- J.Crew Vancouver: Go inside the Pacific Centre’s new women’s-only location
- Jessica Chastain vs. Milla Jovovich: Who wore it best on the Cleopatra red carpet at Cannes?
- Joe Fresh Fall 2013 look book: 38 items that are just as stylish as they are covetable