On December 9th, The British Fashion Awards 2009 will recognize the most influential players in the British fashion industry. Among the nominees are two Canadians: Winnipeg’s Mark Fast is up against Medham Kirchhoff and Peter Pilotto in the emerging ready-to-wear designer category, while Todd Lynn is nominated in the menswear category with Graeme Fidler of Aquascutum and Kim Jones of Dunhill. Lynn, an Ottawa native who launched his own label of androgynous ready-to-wear in 2006, has worked with Roland Mouret and put Mick Jagger, Marilyn Manson and Bono in his bespoke leathers. Fast, a quickly-rising knitwear name, showed his third collection at London Fashion Week in September at a show that was surrounded in controversy after the designer chose to use a handful of non-size zero models.
Other nominees include Daisy Lowe, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Georgia Jagger in the model category. Winners will be announced on December 9 in London.
Click to see a gallery of looks from Mark Fast’s and Todd Lynn’s Spring 2010 collections.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- 12 Days of Christmas Giveaways: Enter to win a T3 blow dryer and flatiron!
- Perfect party dresses under $100: 50 budget-friendly getups to take you through holiday season
- Street Style, Miami: 48 shots of stylish folks spotted around Art Basel 2013
- Wearing the grey trend: 9 Style Panel tips for adding some personality to fall’s favourite neutral
- Beauty Fix: How to heal your feet after a long night of wearing heels, a new trick for applying liquid liner and more