Fashion news: Liam Gallagher to do womenswear, Mark Fast parties with the Queen and John Varvatos’ musical funhouse
Oasis frontman Liam Gallagher is all set to launch a womenswear line, under his label, Pretty Green, which already has a men’s range. Oh my. [The Cut]
Actually, let’s let Miss J tackle this one with a quote on celeb lines: “My biggest problem is if you’re going to hire a celebrity to design a line and if they don’t know what they are doing, then they need to hire the right person to sketch and oversee the line. It’s an insult to the fashion industry for people who have studied this craft, researched it, traveled the world looking for inspiration compared to someone who just pulls something out of their closet and changes the color.” [PopEater]
Accessories brand Hogan, and Karl Lagerfeld are teaming up to do a one-off collaboration for spring 2011. [WWD]
The fashion world is thinking of Alexander McQueen today, on what would be his 41st birthday. [Stylelist]
If Her Majesty is the life of a party, Buckingham Palace would surely be the epicentre, and last night was just that: Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh threw a shindig to celebrate British fashion. Guests included Canadian designer Mark Fast, Manolo Blahnik and Twiggy. [Vogue UK]
John Varvatos, a bona fide music junkie (wasn’t his rock-inspired clothing a hint?), has launched a music blog! JV’s Funhouse (johnvarvatos.com/jvs-funhouse) will keep readers in the loop on concerts and parties and even backstage jam sessions, as well as downloads of some of Varvatos’ top tunes! [The Fashionably Independent]
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- 12 Days of Christmas Giveaways: Enter to win a T3 blow dryer and flatiron!
- Perfect party dresses under $100: 50 budget-friendly getups to take you through holiday season
- Street Style, Miami: 48 shots of stylish folks spotted around Art Basel 2013
- Wearing the grey trend: 9 Style Panel tips for adding some personality to fall’s favourite neutral
- Beauty Fix: How to heal your feet after a long night of wearing heels, a new trick for applying liquid liner and more