The style sense and personal aesthetic of fashion bloggers is often limited to, well, the internet, which is why the project undertaken by Barefoot Contessa owner Eva de Viveiros and her marketing manager, Lauren Wells, is so novel. For the past few weeks, the boutique’s Main Street location (3715 Main St., Vancouver, 604-879-1137, thebarefootcontessa.com) has been featuring window displays curated by local fashion bloggers behind such blogs as The Anthology and Miss Melissa. (The Commercial Drive location windows were guest designed by students from the Visual Merchandising class at John Casablancas Institute).
Fueled by an appreciation for being tweeted about and mentioned in local blogs, de Viveiros and Wells decided to do something to meet the bloggers. “We wanted to do something to support them,” says de Viveiros. “Follow Friday is great, but we wanted to do more; to interact more.” For this first project, they invited a number of bloggers to participate, and a few others ended up contacting them. The result: six weeks of rotating windows, displayed until mid-November. “It’s been so great to get to know these ladies and already the interaction and feedback has been amazing,” marvels de Viveiros. “It’s already influencing my buying!” The shop is currently hosting windows by the bloggers behind A Haute Mess and Prairie Girl in the City, with The Style Seen, Alicia Fashionista and To Vogue or Bust still to come.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- 12 Days of Christmas Giveaways: Enter now to win a luxe gift bundle from Holt Renfrew!
- Forget family heirlooms! Kate Middleton pairs a $40 Zara necklace with a Roland Mouret gown
- Introducing Gwen Stefani by OPI: From Swarovski nail art to a new mirror-finish polish, all the details on this collab
- 12 Days of Christmas Giveaways: Check out what you can win in our third annual holiday contest!
- Holiday makeup: 8 Beauty Panel tips on getting party-ready in a flash