Last week we found out about the nationwide renovations that are to take place at 80 of The Bay stores. Today, the company’s move towards a more luxurious market was further confirmed with a press release stating the expansion of The Bay’s luxury boutique, The Room, into Vancouver. The 23,000 square foot Yabu Pushelberg-designed space will be housed in the Granville Bay Store and will stock ready-to-wear and runway pieces, as well as footwear from thirty-five coveted designers.
Vancouverites can look forward to picking up pieces from Proenza Schouler, Christopher Kane, Balmain and Roland Mouret, to name a few of the labels available at the new location. Exclusively on offer will be Jeremy Laing, Halston and DSquared2. If all that isn’t exciting enough, The Bay will also be launching an exclusive nine-piece collection by Erdem, inspired by jungle orchids and available for fall 2011 at The Room’s Toronto and Vancouver locations.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Canadian Screen Awards 2014: Our top 5 best dressed on the red carpet
- Instant Karma: Thomas Sabo takes destiny for a spin with Georgia May Jagger as the fact of its latest collection
- Spring 2014 Must Haves: 3 instant updates that will bring your wardrobe into next season
- FASHION Magazine April 2014 cover: Cobie Smulders
- Florals for all: Sarah Stevenson’s Target collection revealed!