As the spring 2013 fashion ad campaigns continue to be released, images of road trips, yachts, and beaches have us longing for warmer weather. Unfortunately, Canadians still have a few more months left until we can dust off our spring wardrobes. January is typically the coldest month of the year, and all of this snow and ice has given us a serious case of the winter blues. After all, it’s difficult to maintain a sense of style when we’re wrapped head to toe in thick winter clothing.
To help, we’ve compiled a list of little extras that are sure to be major cold-weather helpers. You probably can’t get through winter without them, yet you might not even know they exist!
These ingenious inventions, which include salt wipes for boots, earmuff headphones, faux fur hats and more, help us with some of our most common winter conundrums. Hats, scarves, and mittens are essential for keeping warm during the winter, but they are not very practical when we would like to listen to music, check our iPhones, or rummage through our wallets. From keeping your hands warm while texting, protecting your hair from the elements, or even removing salts stains from your beloved leather boots, these unique winter essentials will save you all season long.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- 12 Days of Christmas Giveaways: Enter now to win a luxe gift bundle from Holt Renfrew!
- Forget family heirlooms! Kate Middleton pairs a $40 Zara necklace with a Roland Mouret gown
- Introducing Gwen Stefani by OPI: From Swarovski nail art to a new mirror-finish polish, all the details on this collab
- 12 Days of Christmas Giveaways: Check out what you can win in our third annual holiday contest!
- Holiday makeup: 8 Beauty Panel tips on getting party-ready in a flash