H&M is the latest to help fashion’s next generation break into the big leagues. Announced this morning, the brand has launched the H&M Design Award, which will award one lucky (European) winner with €50,000 and the production of a specially designed collection that will be sold in select H&M stores.
Out of fourteen graduating fashion design students from renowned schools in Sweden, Germany, Belgium, Holland, Denmark, and the U.K., six will be chosen to present their collections to a panel of judges in London. Out of the six, an overall winner will be announced on February 1, and will get to present their collection at Stockholm’s fashion week.
Starting January 13, you can watch all the action (including a live stream of the winner’s show) as well as vote for your favourite designer online via designaward2012.hm.com. The designer with the most web votes will win a people’s prize.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- 12 Days of Christmas Giveaways: Check out what you can win in our third annual holiday contest!
- Holiday makeup: 8 Beauty Panel tips on getting party-ready in a flash
- Best holiday nail art: 16 fun and festive tutorials that’ll make your nails shine
- Carte Blanche: Toronto fashion hits Miami in this all-white exclusive photo shoot
- Toronto sample sales: December 2013′s enviable list of local designer discounts and pop-ups