While most offenders of this crime are under 18 or over 40, Agyness Deyn is the latest to confess to lying about her age. The English supermodel’s CV may read 23, but she has confessed that she is actually 29. But why would she admit this now? you might ask. A rose by any other age may still smell as sweet, right?
Deyn tells the The Guardian: “When I decided I would really do modeling I was like 18, and I think at the time that was quite old for a new face, so we knocked off a few years.”
Hmm, we wonder if the supermodel would have confessed her age if her former classmates had not started a Facebook group entitled “Agyness Deyn You’re Not 18.”
The Gloss: “The fashion industry could very well have missed out on a great face […] because of its comically draconian standards.” [The Gloss]
Huffington Post: “In light of New York’s current problem with designers hiring underage runway models, we’re glad Agyness has finally opened up about being older than the usual pretty young things the fashion world’s enchanted with. We just wish she hadn’t felt the pressure to hide it for so long. [Huffington Post]
Paige Dzenis, associate online editor: “She’s been keeping this secret for 6 years? Honestly, in the era of Facebook frenemies and everything on the internet being debunked within minutes, I’m impressed she avoided confirming the many rumours of her age lie until now. Also, bonus points for looking pretty stellar at 29—young starlets, take note!”
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Who is Cressida Bonas? A guide to Prince Harry’s girlfriend’s boho style
- Inside the Canadian Stage Theatre Ball: 17 photos of stylish attendees dancing the night away
- Gucci’s spring fringe bag cements its It status on the backs of 6 ultra-cool DJs
- Beauty Fix: A super easy way to remove glitter nail polish, a fresh fragrance for spring and more
- Spring transition: 11 Style Panel tips for adding this season’s trends into your existing wardrobe