Christopher Kane at Christian Dior? The prince of neon was placed into the Galliano-replacement ring earlier this week by Suzy Menkes, who claimed, in her International Herald Tribune column, that the 29-year-old designer was set to take a seat on the dizzying designer merry-go-round—but alas, he’s already put the rumour to rest.
Kane says, “I can confirm that I have not been approached. I am focused on developing my own label and my ongoing collaboration with Donatella Versace for Versus.”
Well, now that we can scratch Kane (and Marc Jacobs) off the list, we’re back to our previous hunches. Riccardo is that you? And Alber, where’s Alber! The freshly unemployed Raf Simons and Stefano Pilati are the newest names to cross our paths, but we cant help but wonder: with so many qualified candidates, what is taking so long for the disgraced designer’s shoes to be filled?
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Spring 2014 Must Haves: 3 instant updates that will bring your wardrobe into next season
- FASHION Magazine April 2014 cover: Cobie Smulders
- Florals for all: Sarah Stevenson’s Target collection revealed!
- Awards show hair and makeup: The Beauty Panel recreates their favourite red carpet looks
- Nail trends to know now: Essie’s Rita Remark reveals the top polish colours for 2014