By Ilmie Dharmaratna and Nicola St George-Hyslop
Welcome to our new DIY series! Each week, our interns will be recreating some of the best runway looks and most covetable items with step-by-step instructions (and some excellent photo documentation, to boot). And we’re not talking your average tie-dye, but rather, we’re going high-end with pieces from Céline, Prada and Cushnie et Ochs coming down the pipe.
Craftophobes need not panic—aside from some rudimentary sewing skills, the gals on our team have no training. Plus, we’re using household items to create these looks—think nail files and tweezers—so if we can do it, you most definitely can.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- 12 Days of Christmas Giveaways: Check out what you can win in our third annual holiday contest!
- Holiday makeup: 8 Beauty Panel tips on getting party-ready in a flash
- Best holiday nail art: 16 fun and festive tutorials that’ll make your nails shine
- Carte Blanche: Toronto fashion hits Miami in this all-white exclusive photo shoot
- Toronto sample sales: December 2013′s enviable list of local designer discounts and pop-ups