By Ilmie Dharmaratna and Nicola St George-Hyslop
Welcome to our new DIY series! Each week, our interns will be recreating some of the best runway looks and most covetable items with step-by-step instructions (and some excellent photo documentation, to boot). And we’re not talking your average tie-dye, but rather, we’re going high-end with pieces from Céline, Prada and Cushnie et Ochs coming down the pipe.
Craftophobes need not panic—aside from some rudimentary sewing skills, the gals on our team have no training. Plus, we’re using household items to create these looks—think nail files and tweezers—so if we can do it, you most definitely can.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Awards show hair and makeup: The Beauty Panel recreates their favourite red carpet looks
- Nail trends to know now: Essie’s Rita Remark reveals the top polish colours for 2014
- A Dozen Girls: Juergen Teller shoots Nicolas Ghesquière’s first collection for Louis Vuitton
- Street Style, Paris: 21 shots from outside the last day of fashion week
- Paris Fashion Week: The top 10 pieces you need to add to your shopping list for Fall 2014