There’s been a serious push towards sustainable fashion of late and with good reason. Gorgeous wears that are kind to the environment? That’s like double the reason to go shopping!
Now, longtime environmental advocate H&M (they’ve been the world’s largest buyer of organic cotton since 2010) is taking its environmental quest one step further with the Conscious Collection. The new knockout sustainable fashion line of everything from shorts to blouses to cocktail dresses and gowns (gowns!) is made from a whole slew of earth-conscious fabrics, including chemical-free organic cotton, a totally renewable cellulose-silk called Tencel and recycled polyester made from PET plastic bottles.
The tea-with-the-Queen-worthy collection is chock-full of sugary sweet pastels, romantic florals and the nipped-in waists we saw all over the Spring 2012 runways. These ultra-flattering dresses are perfect for the summer wedding, the prom or even the classic night out on the town. And though it might be a bit of a bold choice for a wedding dress, one particular off-white gown with a decadent tiered skirt has us in a decidedly matrimonial kind of mood. Still need another stamp of approval? Actress/goddess Michelle Williams wore one of the Conscious gowns to the BAFTA Awards earlier this year. Can we get an amen?
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- What’s in your bag, Song of Style’s Aimee Song?
- Holiday happy hour: 5 stylish cocktails to try this season
- Inside Chanel’s Dallas Métiers d’Art extravaganza: Kristen Stewart, cowboy hats, vintage convertibles and more!
- 12 Days of Christmas Giveaways: Enter to win a T3 blow dryer and flatiron!
- Perfect party dresses under $100: 50 budget-friendly getups to take you through holiday season