There’s been a serious push towards sustainable fashion of late and with good reason. Gorgeous wears that are kind to the environment? That’s like double the reason to go shopping!
Now, longtime environmental advocate H&M (they’ve been the world’s largest buyer of organic cotton since 2010) is taking its environmental quest one step further with the Conscious Collection. The new knockout sustainable fashion line of everything from shorts to blouses to cocktail dresses and gowns (gowns!) is made from a whole slew of earth-conscious fabrics, including chemical-free organic cotton, a totally renewable cellulose-silk called Tencel and recycled polyester made from PET plastic bottles.
The tea-with-the-Queen-worthy collection is chock-full of sugary sweet pastels, romantic florals and the nipped-in waists we saw all over the Spring 2012 runways. These ultra-flattering dresses are perfect for the summer wedding, the prom or even the classic night out on the town. And though it might be a bit of a bold choice for a wedding dress, one particular off-white gown with a decadent tiered skirt has us in a decidedly matrimonial kind of mood. Still need another stamp of approval? Actress/goddess Michelle Williams wore one of the Conscious gowns to the BAFTA Awards earlier this year. Can we get an amen?
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Who is Cressida Bonas? A guide to Prince Harry’s girlfriend’s boho style
- Inside the Canadian Stage Theatre Ball: 17 photos of stylish attendees dancing the night away
- Gucci’s spring fringe bag cements its It status on the backs of 6 ultra-cool DJs
- Beauty Fix: A super easy way to remove glitter nail polish, a fresh fragrance for spring and more
- Spring transition: 11 Style Panel tips for adding this season’s trends into your existing wardrobe