New York designer Joseph Altuzarra reportedly said that he wanted his Fall 2012 collection—certainly one of our favourites—to include pieces that “look rich, but feel easy”. With a range of multi-ethnic influences that ran from Morocco to India, and an array of luxurious details (see: thigh-high embossed and fringed boots, layered coin embellishment, and slick, military-inspired outerwear), it’s safe to say he hit his mark.
We chose a heavily embellished blouse with layers of coin fringe as a starting point for our Fall 2012 DIY series and following Altuzarra’s maxim has never been easier: trust us, this blouse is a cinch to make and the results are satisfyingly indulgent.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Spring 2014 Must Haves: 3 instant updates that will bring your wardrobe into next season
- FASHION Magazine April 2014 cover: Cobie Smulders
- Florals for all: Sarah Stevenson’s Target collection revealed!
- Awards show hair and makeup: The Beauty Panel recreates their favourite red carpet looks
- Nail trends to know now: Essie’s Rita Remark reveals the top polish colours for 2014