New York designer Joseph Altuzarra reportedly said that he wanted his Fall 2012 collection—certainly one of our favourites—to include pieces that “look rich, but feel easy”. With a range of multi-ethnic influences that ran from Morocco to India, and an array of luxurious details (see: thigh-high embossed and fringed boots, layered coin embellishment, and slick, military-inspired outerwear), it’s safe to say he hit his mark.
We chose a heavily embellished blouse with layers of coin fringe as a starting point for our Fall 2012 DIY series and following Altuzarra’s maxim has never been easier: trust us, this blouse is a cinch to make and the results are satisfyingly indulgent.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- 12 Days of Christmas Giveaways: Enter to win a T3 blow dryer and flatiron!
- Perfect party dresses under $100: 50 budget-friendly getups to take you through holiday season
- Street Style, Miami: 48 shots of stylish folks spotted around Art Basel 2013
- Wearing the grey trend: 9 Style Panel tips for adding some personality to fall’s favourite neutral
- Beauty Fix: How to heal your feet after a long night of wearing heels, a new trick for applying liquid liner and more