A good Dolce & Gabbana show guarantees the following: a myriad of hot pant options, be it lace, crochet, or embroidered; saucy corset-topped little black dresses, and over-the-top accessories. The label’s Fall 2012 collection contained all of the above and more: lushly gilded capes and bow-bedecked heels are details that only begin to scrape the surface of this design duo’s most recent ode to Sicily. After much deliberation, we selected this gold and organza confection of a necklace to replicate for our designer DIY. Surprisingly simple to make, this statement piece treads a fine line between lavish and over-the-top, but when we’re talking Dolce, that’s exactly where you want to be.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- 12 Days of Christmas Giveaways: Enter now to win a luxe gift bundle from Holt Renfrew!
- Forget family heirlooms! Kate Middleton pairs a $40 Zara necklace with a Roland Mouret gown
- Introducing Gwen Stefani by OPI: From Swarovski nail art to a new mirror-finish polish, all the details on this collab
- 12 Days of Christmas Giveaways: Check out what you can win in our third annual holiday contest!
- Holiday makeup: 8 Beauty Panel tips on getting party-ready in a flash