We’ve all heard of the Canadian tuxedo: the denim-on-denim blazer/vest/button-down/pants combo that is apparently so intrinsic to our homeland’s stylistic DNA that it bears its name in title. It’s a ludicrous look, but it speaks to the fact that denim, at least in part, is indeed hard to live without. To play homage to our national adoration, we asked our Style Panelists how to amp up the typically casual fabric. As usual, we got several unique and equally awesome answers: from Amy Flying a Kite’s Amy Nelson in a pretty pink vintage sweater worn overtop loose jeans to A Fashion Love Affair’s Cara McLeay’s full on gown treatment; you’ll discover, if you haven’t already, that the denim possibilities are endless.
Question 19: Some still think of denim as a casual-only fabric. What’s your way to dress it up? Read the answers now! »
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- All the sexy, fashiony connections we could draw from Beyoncé’s epic visual album drop
- 12 Days of Christmas Giveaways: Enter to win a Philosophy holiday collection prize pack!
- Best beauty tricks: 9 ways to take your skincare and makeup routine to the next level
- Nicola Formichetti’s Diesel: The new artistic director talks fashion fantasy, social media and denim revolution
- Oscar de la Renta launches a second collaboration with The Outnet