We’ve all heard of the Canadian tuxedo: the denim-on-denim blazer/vest/button-down/pants combo that is apparently so intrinsic to our homeland’s stylistic DNA that it bears its name in title. It’s a ludicrous look, but it speaks to the fact that denim, at least in part, is indeed hard to live without. To play homage to our national adoration, we asked our Style Panelists how to amp up the typically casual fabric. As usual, we got several unique and equally awesome answers: from Amy Flying a Kite’s Amy Nelson in a pretty pink vintage sweater worn overtop loose jeans to A Fashion Love Affair’s Cara McLeay’s full on gown treatment; you’ll discover, if you haven’t already, that the denim possibilities are endless.
Question 19: Some still think of denim as a casual-only fabric. What’s your way to dress it up? Read the answers now! »
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Bellavance Fall 2014: Strictness meets sex appeal in this New York duo’s latest collection
- Who is Cressida Bonas? A guide to Prince Harry’s girlfriend’s boho style
- Inside the Canadian Stage Theatre Ball: 17 photos of stylish attendees dancing the night away
- Gucci’s spring fringe bag cements its It status on the backs of 6 ultra-cool DJs
- Beauty Fix: A super easy way to remove glitter nail polish, a fresh fragrance for spring and more