From strong shoulders to wider than wide pant legs, the big and boxy look has been revamped to epic proportions for Fall 2012. A far cry from its 1980s shoulder-pad incarnation (hello bargain basement bin!), the look suddenly feels modern again with runway takes by Haider Ackermann, Alexander McQueen, Viktor & Rolf and the like. Modern, yes. But easy to pull off? Maybe not. As big as the big trend may be, it still ranks high on the hard-to-do scale.
In attempts to figure out this boxy challenge, we asked our Style Panelists how they work the style. Check out the four awesome answers, including one for our latest Style Panel member, Toronto-based blogger Christina Cravero of The Style Mogul.
Challenge 20: The boxy look is a big trend for fall but it’s often hard to do for fear of not flattering your body. How do you wear it? Read the answers now! »
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Street Style, Toronto: 20 shots of stylish city folk outside the first day of fashion week
- Steven Tai Fall 2014: Goodbye geek-chic, hello new wave luxury! This London based talent hits his stride
- Bellavance Fall 2014: Strictness meets sex appeal in this New York duo’s latest collection
- Who is Cressida Bonas? A guide to Prince Harry’s girlfriend’s boho style
- Inside the Canadian Stage Theatre Ball: 17 photos of stylish attendees dancing the night away