Alex Grant, 25
Vancouver | To Vogue or Bust
Since the temperatures have finally cooled here on the West Coast, this boxy vintage blazer from Shoppalu has been put into heavy rotation. I’ve paired it with everything from dresses to skirts to shorts, but the one thing all the looks have had in common is that the blazer has given balance to outfits that would have otherwise been really femme. Case in point: my bubble-gum pink skirt. No matter what you wear a boxy top with though, one good rule of thumb is to push up the sleeves! It gives a little femininity and casualness.
Alex’s wearing: Blazer, Shoppalu. Skirt, American Apparel. Top, Gap. Shoes, Michael Kors. Bag, Rebecca Minkoff. Cuff, Lia Sophia. Necklace, Keltie Leanne Designs.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Spring 2014 Must Haves: 3 instant updates that will bring your wardrobe into next season
- FASHION Magazine April 2014 cover: Cobie Smulders
- Florals for all: Sarah Stevenson’s Target collection revealed!
- Awards show hair and makeup: The Beauty Panel recreates their favourite red carpet looks
- Nail trends to know now: Essie’s Rita Remark reveals the top polish colours for 2014