Tavi to Toronto! The 16-year-old Rookie Magazine editor-in-chief will be in town and everyone’s invited
Okay, don’t freak out. Okay, maybe do, because if you’re as big of a fan of Tavi Gevinson as we are, this is day making. The 16-year-old blogger turned editor-in-chief of Rookie Mag, will be in Toronto on October 27 to read from Rookie Yearbook One.
Rookie celebrated its first year on the Internet by creating Rookie Yearbook One (which may be one of the most beautiful books ever) and Tavi will be reading passages from it at the Indigo at Yorkdale Mall at 2pm–hopefully she teaches how to bitch face like she did with Jimmy Fallon. She’ll hop over to Magic Pony at 7pm, where there will be more book signings and dancing.
This seems like a pretty good opportunity for Rookie fans that may be a little older than the target demographic to relive their high school days (good or bad) and to see the wunderkind at work (and making us all feel old and unaccomplished).
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- 12 Days of Christmas Giveaways: Check out what you can win in our third annual holiday contest!
- Holiday makeup: 8 Beauty Panel tips on getting party-ready in a flash
- Best holiday nail art: 16 fun and festive tutorials that’ll make your nails shine
- Carte Blanche: Toronto fashion hits Miami in this all-white exclusive photo shoot
- Toronto sample sales: December 2013′s enviable list of local designer discounts and pop-ups