It girl, Alyssa Lau: We profile the Edmonton-based Style Panelist’s sartorial choices and shopping picks for fall
When it comes to crafting her own personal style, Edmonton’s Alyssa Lau is all about DIY. See her shopping picks »
Alyssa Lau’s one-of-a-kind shredded shorts, studded denim jackets and floral head wreaths are showcased on Ordinary Peoples, the blog she launched in 2011 with her cousin Kurtis. The 20-year-old chemistry student with a flair for all things sartorial also faces down outfit challenges on our Style Panel, which she says is “a great opportunity that has introduced me to so many inspirational bloggers.” This season, she has fallen for the slick leather jackets shown on the runways at Derek Lam, Givenchy and Proenza Schouler. “Leather is incredibly simple and versatile,” she says. “It can also add a rocker-chic aspect to an outfit that no other fabric can.” For this digital-age darling, inspiration and the tools to restock her wardrobe—which includes of-the-moment labels like Acne, Rich & Skinny and T by Alexander Wang—are just a click away. “I look at street style and fashion blogs and do most of my shopping online.”
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Forget family heirlooms! Kate Middleton pairs a $40 Zara necklace with a Roland Mouret gown
- Introducing Gwen Stefani by OPI: From Swarovski nail art to a new mirror-finish polish, all the details on this collab
- 12 Days of Christmas Giveaways: Check out what you can win in our third annual holiday contest!
- Holiday makeup: 8 Beauty Panel tips on getting party-ready in a flash
- Best holiday nail art: 16 fun and festive tutorials that’ll make your nails shine