Gap Holiday Campaign 2012: Michael J. Fox, Aubrey Plaza, Rufus Wainwright and others showcase that love comes in every shade (of cozy knits)
It isn’t a true holiday season until you’re bundled in cozy knit mittens, toques and layered sweaters. Or at least, that’s what the latest Gap holiday campaign 2012 proves to us. In keeping with the tradition of having A+ holiday ads (remember the year of Love Train?) the American company has taken portraits of celebrities in colourful knitted goods.
The campaign is titled “Love Comes in Every Shade” and aims to show a-typical relationships and the many forms of love ranging from puppy love, best friend love and even regular ole romantic love. From rapper Nas in a puffy vest with his dad showing off fatherly love to Rufus Wainwright in khakis alongside his husband Jörn Weisbrodt being the example of wedded bliss.
Other celebrities included are Michael J. Fox and wife Tracy Pollan, The Atomics, and British actor Jack Huston (with his cute dog!). The holiday collection features two-tone leather gloves, bright pants are colour blocked with classic V-neck sweaters, and fitted boyfriend shirts—all playing into Gap’s classic prep school vibe.
While the holidays may technically be over a month away, the Gap holiday campaign 2012 has us convinced it’s time to hop aboard the holiday train and we won’t be getting off until 2013.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Forget family heirlooms! Kate Middleton pairs a $40 Zara necklace with a Roland Mouret gown
- Introducing Gwen Stefani by OPI: From Swarovski nail art to a new mirror-finish polish, all the details on this collab
- 12 Days of Christmas Giveaways: Check out what you can win in our third annual holiday contest!
- Holiday makeup: 8 Beauty Panel tips on getting party-ready in a flash
- Best holiday nail art: 16 fun and festive tutorials that’ll make your nails shine