With less than a week to go before we can get our paws on the Maison Martin Margiela for H&M collaboration, the Swedish mega-brand has given us another reason to drool, and this time it’s the Spring 2013 collection. The latest from the brand is a western inspired extremely embellished (and affordable as always) collection of mini skirts, leather jackets, and baseball caps.
Taking some serious inspiration from the Spring 2013 runways, there are references to the Wild Wild West, as we saw at Derek Lam as well as fruity pineapple accents like we saw on the Moschino Cheap & Chic runway. But we’ll never complain about be able to afford a designer inspired piece and that’s what makes H&M so perfect for the mandatory wardrobe update when spring hits.
The has has given tried and tested pieces like the leather mini and pencil skirt a whole new life by adding embellished leather accents and long tassels to step up the basics’ game. Entire monochromatic looks in red and black fit in perfectly for spring (case in point: we saw one colour looks day after day during fashion month), and turquoise stone bolo ties make us excited to embrace our inner cowgirl as soon as the snow melts away.
It’s all only a winter away.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Holiday happy hour: 5 stylish cocktails to try this season
- Inside Chanel’s Dallas Métiers d’Art extravaganza: Kristen Stewart, cowboy hats, vintage convertibles and more!
- 12 Days of Christmas Giveaways: Enter to win a T3 blow dryer and flatiron!
- Perfect party dresses under $100: 50 budget-friendly getups to take you through holiday season
- Street Style, Miami: 48 shots of stylish folks spotted around Art Basel 2013