Proenza Schouler has gone digital and taken inspiration from the virtual online world, Second Life, in its latest fashion video. Second Life features simplistic graphics and an online alternate reality, which we’d now be willing to join if it means we could have all the Proenza.
The two-minute video made to promote four key looks from the Proenza Schouler Fall 2012 runway, features basic geometric graphics, a minimal techno song, and cyber dolphins (they are truly having a moment right now). The four avatar models are unaffected by gravity and dance, arch their backs, and twirl in the virtual world like super humans/cyber humans.
Proenza Schouler may be one of the first fashion houses to step away from the model-filled fashion videos like we’ve seen in the past, but currently, two dimensional graphics are filling the internet. Yesterday, we noted how Azealia Banks found a time machine back to 1995 where she danced in space and rode on dolphins in our first PC computer and Rihanna performed in front of a Windows ’96 screensaver.
However, the designer duo behind Proenza Schouler, Jack McCollough and Lazaro Hernandez’, interest in the Internet is not a new concept. Their Spring 2013 collection was inspired by Tumblr (where those epic pool graphics came from!) and now, they have created basic avatars to replace models. But really all they did is create a new world where everyone wants Proenza. Great…
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Forget family heirlooms! Kate Middleton pairs a $40 Zara necklace with a Roland Mouret gown
- Introducing Gwen Stefani by OPI: From Swarovski nail art to a new mirror-finish polish, all the details on this collab
- 12 Days of Christmas Giveaways: Check out what you can win in our third annual holiday contest!
- Holiday makeup: 8 Beauty Panel tips on getting party-ready in a flash
- Best holiday nail art: 16 fun and festive tutorials that’ll make your nails shine