By Nicole Seymour
On the bright side, late fall is finally the time to break out those cozy furs and even cozier faux furs. What better time then, to turn our Fashion DIY attentions to the inimitable (well, we’ll see about that) fur collar that’s become such a staple as of late. On Marni’s Fall 2012 runway, designer Consuelo Castiglioni upped her quirky ante with several takes on the collar trend, this time bejewelling them with bright and graphic floral patterned beads.
With fall being the season to free your cozy furs from their long summer rest inside your closet, Marni’s Fall 2012 embellished fur collar became a quick favourite. This new twist on the fall staple gives even the simplest of outfits a Baroque edge. With a retail price of $1,980 we give our take on it for under $50. And with holiday party season just around the corner, it seems the DIY fur collar seems like the quintessential bargain accessory.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- 12 Days of Christmas Giveaways: Enter to win a $250 gift card from Victoria’s Secret!
- Sephora + Pantone Universe Radiant Orchid: From lipstick to nail polish to blush, purple is the colour of 2014
- Anna Kendrick vs. Nina Dobrev: Who wore Elie Saab best on the red carpet?
- 12 Days of Christmas Giveaways: Enter now to win a luxe gift bundle from Holt Renfrew!
- Forget family heirlooms! Kate Middleton pairs a $40 Zara necklace with a Roland Mouret gown