Inside Guerlain’s revamped Toronto boutique: Rare perfumes, hand-painted bottles and a bumble bee-inspired exterior
Legendary French fragrance and beauty brand Guerlain revamped its Toronto boutique just in time for the holiday season. The Bloor Street shop (which originally opened in 2003) has changed both inside and out to offer a more spacious shopping experience based on an architectural vision that came directly from Paris. Notably, the exterior façade has been completely redone, taking inspiration from the brand’s emblem, the imperial bee. The iconic bee perfume bottle—which was designed in 1853 for Guerlain’s Impériale Eau de Cologne—is also featured prominently within the store, including a selection of collector-worthy bottles which are hand-painted with gold detailing. Of course, you don’t have to be an avid connoisseur of Guerlain fragrances to appreciate the robust selection available in the Toronto boutique: sales staff are well-versed in the 184-year-old history of Guerlain’s perfume house and its accompanying products, including heritage collections, rare and unusual scents and the brand’s signature Exclusive Collections fragrance counter. The revamped Toronto boutique also includes the full range of Guerlain cosmetics—like their art deco-inspired Rouge Automatique lipstick—and all-natural line of skincare products. Even better, on-site treatment rooms allows shoppers to further indulge with Guerlain’s skincare products and makeup, making this boutique feel right at home amongst the other luxury shops of Bloor Street West.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- 12 Days of Christmas Giveaways: Enter now to win a luxe gift bundle from Holt Renfrew!
- Forget family heirlooms! Kate Middleton pairs a $40 Zara necklace with a Roland Mouret gown
- Introducing Gwen Stefani by OPI: From Swarovski nail art to a new mirror-finish polish, all the details on this collab
- 12 Days of Christmas Giveaways: Check out what you can win in our third annual holiday contest!
- Holiday makeup: 8 Beauty Panel tips on getting party-ready in a flash