Hate wearing a winter hat? 11 Style Panel tips to making your beanie, toque, fedora and headband work (minus the hat head)
Alicia Quan, 25
Vancouver | Alicia Fashionista
I’m very thankful for the mild winters we get here in Vancouver. And though we’re able to avoid a ton of snow, we definitely endure a ton of cold, soggy days instead. My favourite defence against the West Coast winter elements is a large brimmed felt hat. It manages to keep my head warm, as well as protect my hair from the rain. An oversized winter hat is basically the perfect compromise between practical and trendy. In order to keep warm, I also pair it with essential winter accessories like a big scarf, gloves, and boots.
Alicia’s wearing: Blazer, Chevalier. T-shirt, Gap. Shorts, Aritzia. Hat, Front and Company. Scarf, Forever 21. Boots, Dolce Vita Joust. Bag, Urban Outfitters. Bracelets, H&M.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Awards show hair and makeup: The Beauty Panel recreates their favourite red carpet looks
- Nail trends to know now: Essie’s Rita Remark reveals the top polish colours for 2014
- A Dozen Girls: Juergen Teller shoots Nicolas Ghesquière’s first collection for Louis Vuitton
- Street Style, Paris: 21 shots from outside the last day of fashion week
- Paris Fashion Week: The top 10 pieces you need to add to your shopping list for Fall 2014