Hate wearing a winter hat? 11 Style Panel tips to making your beanie, toque, fedora and headband work (minus the hat head)
Kayla Short, 26
Halifax | Short Presents
Here in Halifax the temperatures tend to drop quite significantly, but that doesn’t mean I stop going outside. I live very close to the Halifax oval, and so in order to go skating outdoors I need to bundle up quite heavily. For winter I really embrace knitwear to keep me warm; I love hats, scarves, and especially headbands. My mother has many talents, and knitting is certainly one of them. With a plethora of choices I still come back to headbands time and time again because you can wear them with your hair down with some straight or curly locks, or with you hair pulled back in a sleek ponytail. It’s a win-win: stylish and practical. Love it.
Kayla’s wearing: Skirt, Tommy Hilfiger. Jacket, H&M. Boots, Very Volatile. Tights, Calvin Klein. Bag, Christopher Kon. Scarf, Burberry. Gloves, Ralph Lauren. Headband, handmade by Kayla’s mother.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- 12 Days of Christmas Giveaways: Check out what you can win in our third annual holiday contest!
- Holiday makeup: 8 Beauty Panel tips on getting party-ready in a flash
- Best holiday nail art: 16 fun and festive tutorials that’ll make your nails shine
- Carte Blanche: Toronto fashion hits Miami in this all-white exclusive photo shoot
- Toronto sample sales: December 2013′s enviable list of local designer discounts and pop-ups