Christian Dior‘s first ready-to-wear ad campaign under the direction of Raf Simons hit the web this week. And while the images are different from what Dior has done in the past, they are just as eye-catching as Simons’ Spring 2013 runway collection that debuted at Paris Fashion Week last fall.
Photographed by Willy Vanderperre, the campaign has all the Raf Simons hallmarks: understated but with a sense of surreal-ness. Opting to part with John Galliano-favourite Karlie Kloss as campaign frontwoman, Simons opted for a group of lesser known models including Daiane Conterato, Anna Martynova, Daria Strokous, and Marie Piovesan.
Just as his runway collections have proved, the ads are more Dior New Look than Galliano decadence. The clothes are downplayed; instead the images focus on the models and bouquets of flowers (a Simons hallmark) that seem as if to be floating.
Check out the new ad campaign and tell us what you think of Simons’ latest interpretation of Dior!
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Carte Blanche: Toronto fashion hits Miami in this all-white exclusive photo shoot
- Toronto sample sales: December 2013′s enviable list of local designer discounts and pop-ups
- Kate Middleton wears a glittering tiara for a lavish white-tie reception with the Queen
- Inside Frocktail Party 2013: Chic guests bidding on chic clothes for a cause
- Try this now: How to get peach-pink hair just like Sienna Miller