From Hillary Clinton to décor diehards to the editors of this very website, designer Hilary Farr has amassed quite a few fans, to say the least. As one half of the W Network’s hit television show Love It Or List It, Farr has become beloved just as much for her design skills as she is for her saucy repartee with co-host and real estate agent David Visentin, whom she competes against each episode. The show’s premise has Farr attempting to fix house problems and keep Canadian families in their existing homes, whereas Visentin attempts to lure them away to a new space. Love it or list it—get it?
Aside from her starring role on the show, Farr is a busy designer IRL; having worked with over 200 clients in the past 15 years, at her company Hilary Farr Design. Those who’ve seen the show know what kind of design drama (Mysterious beams! Attic discoveries! Unhappy homeowners!) can ensue, and love Farr all the more for dealing with it. So, how exactly does she do it? We took a peek inside her bag to see what kind of ammo she carries with her everyday. We got to visit her home for the photo shoot and we can attest: we really love it.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Awards show hair and makeup: The Beauty Panel recreates their favourite red carpet looks
- Nail trends to know now: Essie’s Rita Remark reveals the top polish colours for 2014
- A Dozen Girls: Juergen Teller shoots Nicolas Ghesquière’s first collection for Louis Vuitton
- Street Style, Paris: 21 shots from outside the last day of fashion week
- Paris Fashion Week: The top 10 pieces you need to add to your shopping list for Fall 2014