From Hillary Clinton to décor diehards to the editors of this very website, designer Hilary Farr has amassed quite a few fans, to say the least. As one half of the W Network’s hit television show Love It Or List It, Farr has become beloved just as much for her design skills as she is for her saucy repartee with co-host and real estate agent David Visentin, whom she competes against each episode. The show’s premise has Farr attempting to fix house problems and keep Canadian families in their existing homes, whereas Visentin attempts to lure them away to a new space. Love it or list it—get it?
Aside from her starring role on the show, Farr is a busy designer IRL; having worked with over 200 clients in the past 15 years, at her company Hilary Farr Design. Those who’ve seen the show know what kind of design drama (Mysterious beams! Attic discoveries! Unhappy homeowners!) can ensue, and love Farr all the more for dealing with it. So, how exactly does she do it? We took a peek inside her bag to see what kind of ammo she carries with her everyday. We got to visit her home for the photo shoot and we can attest: we really love it.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Forget family heirlooms! Kate Middleton pairs a $40 Zara necklace with a Roland Mouret gown
- Introducing Gwen Stefani by OPI: From Swarovski nail art to a new mirror-finish polish, all the details on this collab
- 12 Days of Christmas Giveaways: Check out what you can win in our third annual holiday contest!
- Holiday makeup: 8 Beauty Panel tips on getting party-ready in a flash
- Best holiday nail art: 16 fun and festive tutorials that’ll make your nails shine