If you’ve watched Clueless a few too many times on Netflix (which, by the way, is impossible), relive the magic with Wildfox’s Spring 2013 lookbook inspired by the film. Aptly named “Kids in America,” the editorial answers a firm “neither!” to Cher Horowitz’s “Do you prefer “fashion victim’ or ‘ensembly challenged?”
The Los Angeles-based brand has taken the culture gem straight out of 1995 and into 2013 with new takes on graphic T-shirts, Cher’s iconic red dress and plaid school girl skirts. Our favourite looks and moments from Clueless have been recreated in a completely shoppable way, so needless to say we’re excited.
Wildfox designer Kimberley Gordon wanted to pay homage to Clueless director Amy Heckerling, saying “I was about 12 around when Clueless came out and I was so in love with the characters, I didn’t just love the clothes, I loved the girls who wore the clothes – which made me want to wear them even more” on her site.
This collection is filled with girly graphics and classic Clueless phrases like “As if!” and quirky plays on Cher’s valley girl speak like, “Shopping is my cardio!” (us too..) but if you’re doubting the viability of wearing so totally ’90s outfits, rest easy. Even the Spring 2013 runways had us nostalgic for the decade. We saw bold graphics on the runways of 3.1 Phillip Lim as well as oversized florals at Prada. Not to mention see-through accessories at Burberry Prorsum.
Still can’t get enough Clueless? Watch this!
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Forget family heirlooms! Kate Middleton pairs a $40 Zara necklace with a Roland Mouret gown
- Introducing Gwen Stefani by OPI: From Swarovski nail art to a new mirror-finish polish, all the details on this collab
- 12 Days of Christmas Giveaways: Check out what you can win in our third annual holiday contest!
- Holiday makeup: 8 Beauty Panel tips on getting party-ready in a flash
- Best holiday nail art: 16 fun and festive tutorials that’ll make your nails shine