Stephanie Koch, 27
Kelowna | Inherited Jeans
To me, investment pieces aren’t synonymous with exorbitant purchases; in fact I am quietly calculating before spending more money on an item than usual. When I hear the term investment piece, I think of something that is well made, multi-seasonal and not trendy. Some key questions to ask yourself before a major purchase might be “how many ways can I wear this, how many times will I wear this, is it classic, and can I take it across different times of the year?”. If you can think of how it works well with your existing closet and the answer is yes to the other questions then it might be worth the money! I chose this picture because it represents the wardrobe staples I value: a leather jacket, quality denim, silk blouses, a nice bag, boots that go with everything, and accessories. My budget tip is that when you’re limited (as I often am), invest in accessories as they have they ability to bring a whole new look to clothing you already own!
Stephanie’s wearing: Jacket and sunglasses, Joe Fresh. Blouse, Aritzia. Jeans, J Brand. Boots, Sam Edelman. Bag, Marc by Marc Jacobs. Bracelets, Crown & Glitter and Stella and Dot.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Spring 2014 Must Haves: 3 instant updates that will bring your wardrobe into next season
- FASHION Magazine April 2014 cover: Cobie Smulders
- Florals for all: Sarah Stevenson’s Target collection revealed!
- Awards show hair and makeup: The Beauty Panel recreates their favourite red carpet looks
- Nail trends to know now: Essie’s Rita Remark reveals the top polish colours for 2014