Iva Grbesic, 37
Toronto | One Chic Mom
Investment pieces are different things to different people. I’m a stay at home mother and retired my power suit a long time ago. However, a great blazer will get me from day to night – I can wear this blazer while running errands and still wear it out in the evening for date night or drinks with the girls. It is also something I can wear year round – except maybe the hottest days of summer. This Smythe blazer is structured and cut perfectly for my frame. It tapers in at my waist and sits perfectly on my shoulders. It is a classic shape and won’t be subject to changing fashion whims. The lapels are done in a satin fabric, which give it a nice touch. I only need one good black blazer and this one’s it.
After the age of 35 women need to think about cut and fit. Nothing ages a woman more than ill-fitting and poorly cut clothes. Clothing that fits properly accentuates our shape and camouflages any problem areas we have. Thank goodness well cut clothing can be found at every price point!
Iva’s wearing: Blazer, Smythe. Blouse, Ann Taylor. Jeans, J Brand. Shoes (not shown), Prada. Belt, Tory Burch. Watch, Michael Kors. Jewellery, Forever 21.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Quelle surprise! Dior gains Peter Philips, Chanel’s former makeup director
- 3D printing, epigenetics and telomeres: 3 futuristic areas inspiring high-performance anti-aging skincare
- Why Normcore? One writer confronts the anti-fashion trend (and its sister #ActingBasic)
- Canadian Screen Awards 2014: Our top 5 best dressed on the red carpet
- Instant Karma: Thomas Sabo takes destiny for a spin with Georgia May Jagger as the fact of its latest collection