Iva Grbesic, 37
Toronto | One Chic Mom
Investment pieces are different things to different people. I’m a stay at home mother and retired my power suit a long time ago. However, a great blazer will get me from day to night – I can wear this blazer while running errands and still wear it out in the evening for date night or drinks with the girls. It is also something I can wear year round – except maybe the hottest days of summer. This Smythe blazer is structured and cut perfectly for my frame. It tapers in at my waist and sits perfectly on my shoulders. It is a classic shape and won’t be subject to changing fashion whims. The lapels are done in a satin fabric, which give it a nice touch. I only need one good black blazer and this one’s it.
After the age of 35 women need to think about cut and fit. Nothing ages a woman more than ill-fitting and poorly cut clothes. Clothing that fits properly accentuates our shape and camouflages any problem areas we have. Thank goodness well cut clothing can be found at every price point!
Iva’s wearing: Blazer, Smythe. Blouse, Ann Taylor. Jeans, J Brand. Shoes (not shown), Prada. Belt, Tory Burch. Watch, Michael Kors. Jewellery, Forever 21.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Forget family heirlooms! Kate Middleton pairs a $40 Zara necklace with a Roland Mouret gown
- Introducing Gwen Stefani by OPI: From Swarovski nail art to a new mirror-finish polish, all the details on this collab
- 12 Days of Christmas Giveaways: Check out what you can win in our third annual holiday contest!
- Holiday makeup: 8 Beauty Panel tips on getting party-ready in a flash
- Best holiday nail art: 16 fun and festive tutorials that’ll make your nails shine