Kayla Short, 26
Halifax | Short Presents
Investment pieces for me are almost always footwear. I have freakishly narrow feet, like probably somewhere around an annoying “A” width or something. So because my feet are so painfully narrow (and flat) I usually need to dish out quite a bit dough on footwear, and then even more on “accessories” to go in them. I often joke that I need an entire tickle trunk just to keep my foot in a shoe.
Which is why I love my Hunters, not only do they keep my feet dry as a bone in blustery weather, but I can also sneak a little orthotic in there, and no one is the wiser. I walk to work in the morning, and so these boots are a win for me especially in Halifax’s unpredictable weather. I often see people discreetly leap over puddles whereas I trudge right on through them without a care in the world. With all the things to worry about in the morning (did I leave the flat iron on again? did I take my multivitamin? where is my iPhone?) soaking wet feet is not one of them.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Quelle surprise! Dior gains Peter Philips, Chanel’s former makeup director
- 3D printing, epigenetics and telomeres: 3 futuristic areas inspiring high-performance anti-aging skincare
- Why Normcore? One writer confronts the anti-fashion trend (and its sister #ActingBasic)
- Canadian Screen Awards 2014: Our top 5 best dressed on the red carpet
- Instant Karma: Thomas Sabo takes destiny for a spin with Georgia May Jagger as the fact of its latest collection