Inside Holt Renfrew’s new hr2 store at Vaughan Mills: 25,000 square feet of affordable designer duds
Holt Renfrew’s got a brand new bag. Well, lots of ‘em. And they’re real affordable, too. hr2, Holt Renfrew’s new budget-friendly kid sister opened its doors at Toronto’s Vaughan Mills megamall today and is sure to make designer diehards on a budget jump for joy.
Boasting 25,000 square feet of off-price (translation: cheaper) designer womenswear, menswear, footwear, accessories and jewellery, hr2 carries over 150 covet-worthy brands including Diane von Furstenberg, Michael Michael Kors, Alice + Olivia, Burberry, Marc by Marc Jacobs, Prada and Mulberry. And while most brands are already being carried at Holt Renfrew, hr2′s product range is wholly unique.
We attended a preview of hr2’s second store (the first opened in April at Quebec’s Quartier Dix30) last night and were on the hunt for the best deals. There were many, to say the least, but our favourites included a classic DVF wrap dress priced at $199 (I’ve personally forked out upwards of $400 for a similar style), coloured skinny jeans starting at $89 and a Foley + Corinna transparent tote at $118. The piece de resistance, though, (it had bloggers a-buzz) was a beige patent pair of Christian Louboutin wedge heels for—get this—$169. Unheard of!
A sure sign that hr2 is the latest and greatest in retail: the 100-deep line of shoppers waiting to enter its doors upon its grand opening this morning.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Forget family heirlooms! Kate Middleton pairs a $40 Zara necklace with a Roland Mouret gown
- Introducing Gwen Stefani by OPI: From Swarovski nail art to a new mirror-finish polish, all the details on this collab
- 12 Days of Christmas Giveaways: Check out what you can win in our third annual holiday contest!
- Holiday makeup: 8 Beauty Panel tips on getting party-ready in a flash
- Best holiday nail art: 16 fun and festive tutorials that’ll make your nails shine