What better day to express our love for the basic blues than on National Denim Day! This street-style favourite provides endless possibilities when it comes to mixing and matching. From classic Calvin’s to Levi’s famous 501’s, this ultimate wardrobe must-have flatters all shapes and sizes. This spring, freshen up your wardrobe with the right accessories to doll up your favourite pair of jeans.
Call us Canadian, but denim on denim has never looked so good. This reliable wardrobe staple can be dressed up or down with the help of sophisticated silhouettes and crisp white accessories. Master of basics and J.Crew creative director, Jenna Lyons, has been known to pair a light-wash denim shirt with ankle-skimming skinny jeans and sky-high stilettos. Equally stylish Canadian tuxedo devotee, Leandra Medine, was recently spotted at New York Fashion Week with a patchwork denim shirt and rhinestone-studded boyfriend jeans. Phillip Lim proved he knew a thing or two about denimology when he sent models down his New York Fashion Week runway in a patchwork ensemble of varying shades of denim and chambray. Take your favourite flared, skinny, and bootcut pieces for a spin because the denim trend is one that’s here to stay.
Canadian favourite Bluenotes is recognizing national denim day by donating a portion of the proceeds from each pair of jeans purchased nationwide from May 13th to May 19th to the fight against breast cancer. The CURE foundation, being the beneficiary of the funds, raised nearly $1.7 million from last year’s denim day initiatives.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Forget family heirlooms! Kate Middleton pairs a $40 Zara necklace with a Roland Mouret gown
- Introducing Gwen Stefani by OPI: From Swarovski nail art to a new mirror-finish polish, all the details on this collab
- 12 Days of Christmas Giveaways: Check out what you can win in our third annual holiday contest!
- Holiday makeup: 8 Beauty Panel tips on getting party-ready in a flash
- Best holiday nail art: 16 fun and festive tutorials that’ll make your nails shine