Kate Middleton gets 13 exclusive baby bump designs from Karl Lagerfeld, Donna Karan, Vera Wang and more
Who else but the Duchess of Cambridge could get Karl Lagerfeld to whip out his pen with the promise of nothing more than fantasy? Today, Women’s Wear Daily released 13 sketches of maternity designs suggested by the likes of Donna Karan, Vera Wang, Alexis Mabille, Chloé and Lagerfeld for Chanel as Kate Middleton’s baby bump continue to grow. Including both designers who frequently dress the Duchess like Amanda Wakeley, and ones who haven’t, like Huishan Zhang, the piece could be a good shot for some less recognizable names to get noticed by friends in royal places. Or not. If nothing else, it’s an exercise in imagination, which hasn’t been attempted since the Duke and Duchess’s last big event: the Royal Wedding. We picked a few designs from the selection that we think are right on the money for Kate. Click through for our selects and visit WWD for the full maternity monty.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- FASHION Magazine April 2014 cover: Cobie Smulders
- Florals for all: Sarah Stevenson’s Target collection revealed!
- Awards show hair and makeup: The Beauty Panel recreates their favourite red carpet looks
- Nail trends to know now: Essie’s Rita Remark reveals the top polish colours for 2014
- A Dozen Girls: Juergen Teller shoots Nicolas Ghesquière’s first collection for Louis Vuitton